NEW FEATURES AND MODULES IN PVTsim Nova 4.0
- AUTO QC
- Automated quality check and correction of fluid compositions.
- AUTO EOS
- Automated EoS model development.
- Flowsheeting option.
MODEL AND MODEL PARAMETERS
- Extension of Cubic Plus Association (CPA) model to be applicable with the Peng-Robinson EoS.
- WAX DEPOSITION
- Wax deposition simulator DepoWax extended to support the Matzain wax deposition model as an alternative to the RRR model.
- Revised interaction parameters for H2O-CaBr2 and CaBr2-MEG to improve hydrate predictions at high pressure.
- PC-SAFT CHARACTERIZATION
- Improved PC-SAFT characterization (SPE-187170-MS).
- HEAVY OILS
- Improved Heavy Oil Characterization.
- Tuning to PVT data using PC-SAFT EoS.
- BLACK OIL INTERFACES
- PC-SAFT model available in the interface options to Eclipse Black Oil, VIP Black Oil, Nexus Black Oil. and IMEX.
- MULTI FLASH
- The number of phases handled by Multi Flash option increased from 4 to 5.
PVT SIMULATION AND REGRESSION
- CVD FOR OILS
- A CVD experiment for oil mixtures can be simulated and experimental data used in regression.
- PHASE MAPPING PLOT TOOL
- Option to plot type and number of phases (max. 5) in a user defined P & T range.
- ASPHALTENE DATA
- Data for asphaltene onset pressures and for Asp in STO can be stored in PVTsim Nova database.
- Asphaltene simulation results can be compared with experimental data using a new Compare with Asphaltene Data option.
- PH FLASH
- Hydrate PH flash option introduced, which enables simulation of the heat to be added to melt hydrates.
- PT GRID OPTION
- Scale formation can be simulated for an entire PT- grid.
- 2D and 3D plot options showing how scale precipitation develops with P and T.
- WATER ANALYSIS CONVERSION
- Water Analysis Conversion option updated to automatically store converted fluid composition in PVTsim Nova database.
- PROSPER EOS
- New option for import of Prosper EoS files.
- MULTI PHASE METERS
- Multi Phase Meter interface option updated to support Roxar units.
UPDATES AND BUG FIXES
- Mix option updated to give correct CSP viscosities for mixtures of viscosity tuned fluids.
- Lumping kept when two common EoS fluids are recombined.
- Inconsistency between CPA and SRK parameters corrected.
- CHARACTERIZED REGRESSION
- Characterized regression updated to support tuning on Vc not only for viscosity experiments, but also for viscosity data points.
- CLEAN FOR MUD
- Clean for mud “STO Oil + Gas” option updated to also work for extended GC fluids.
- Acceptance criterion for STO oil density changed ±0.02 g/cm3.
MODELS AND MODEL PARAMETERS
- MEG-TEG interaction parameters updated to avoid phase split in systems with both components present.
PVT & RESERVOIR
- DEPTH GRADIENT
- Bo and Bg included in output and plot.
- VISCOSITY DATA FOR GAS CONDENSATES
- Viscosity experiments for gas condensates can be simulated and used in regression.
- VISCOSITY EXPERIMENT
- Viscosity experiment can be simulated as a CVD experiment as an alternative to a differential liberation experiment.
- Updated to delete temporary output files.
- Phase Viscosities option corrected to give the correct relative mobility of gas and oil.
- Phase Viscosities option made the default choice.
- Default number of cells and time steps modified to give a better match of the recovery at pressures below MMP.
- DEPTH GRADIENT
- Bug corrected to give the right CSP viscosities in depth gradient option.
- DIFFERENTIAL LIBERATION EXPERIMENT
- Bleed made default for the pressure stage to atmospheric pressure.
- C7+ ISOMERS
- C7+ isomers allowed in contaminated fluid compositions when estimating weight% contaminate of STO oil.
FLASH & PROCESS
- Updated to work when H2S amount input as weight% or mg/l of Total Mixture.
- Column header for H2S partition coefficient corrected from Aq/Liq to Liq/Aq.
- ASPHALTENE PHASE ENVELOPE
- Minimum temperature for Full Asphaltene Phase Envelope can be defined by user.
- ASPHALTENE TUNING
- Updated to give same tuning results before and after Asp/non-Asp split.
- TAR MATS
- Asphaltene weight% is included in output from Asphaltene Tar Mats option.
- WAX DEPOSITION SIMULATOR DEPOWAX
- Simulation time corrected for output in the unit of Day(s).
- Output concentrations of CO2 and H2S corrected.
- Molecular weight of acetic acid corrected.
- Corrections made of gas solubilites at high pressure and pH far away from scale precipitation.
- ION CONCENTRATIONS
- Unit for ion concentrations changed from mg/l H2O to mg/l salt water.
- ECLIPSE COMPOSITIONAL
- Bug corrected to solve Eclipse Comp Import issue.
- COMPVD compositions output with more digits to ensure mole fractions add up to 1.0.
- OLGA COMPOSITIONAL TRACKING
- Save Fluid option modified to save characterized fluid instead of plus fluid.
- ECLIPSE BLACK OIL
- Rso output in MScf/bbl with PVCO format.
- Rv’s output for multi stage separators corrected for cases with temperature increase from one separator to the next one.
- Bug corrected in API versus depth option.
- Reference pressure and reference depth output in Rs/Rv and API vs. Depth tables.
- Updates to always have vapor enthalpies increase with temperature at a given pressure.
- Correct message given when all PVTsim licenses are occupied.
- License Manager (LMTOOLS) shifted to newer version.
- DATABASES OF OLDER FORMAT
- Option to open PVTsim Databases of versions 19-21 reintroduced.
- NEW COMPONENT
- 2,2,4 trimethyl pentane added to pure component database.
|Period||22.10.2019 - 24.10.2019|
|Period||18.11.2019 - 20.11.2019|