PVT Simulation for Flow Assurance Engineers
Houston: 11 June 2019 - 13 June 2019
This course gives a comprehensive overview of PVT for systems where solids may form. The course begins with equilibrium modeling for two phase systems (gas/liquid) and then expands to multiphase systems where water and solids are present in addition to gas and oil. Finally, the course will cover simulation of transport of wax forming fluids in multiphase (oil and gas) pipelines systems. The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course is a mix of presentations and demonstrations of PVTsim combined with hands-on exercises using PVTsim Nova.
The following topics will be covered
- General fluid handling and PVT modeling
- Input to PVTsim and QC of fluid compositions
- Compositional analysis and recombination
- Classical PVT experiments
- Navigating a PVT report
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Viscosity models and Non-Newtonian viscosities
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Input of already characterized fluids
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process on a production stream
- Polar components and solids
- Hydrate Inhibitors
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS for co-mingled fluids
- Wax deposition in pipelines
- Input for external simulators
- OLGA, LedaFlow, Pipesim, etc.
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in simulations on petroleum fluids with an emphasis on flow assurance. The course focuses particularly on fluid and pipeline modeling in situations where solids formation poses a problem in hydrocarbon production.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Inc Office at:
10370 Richmond Ave., Suite 1375
Houston, TX 77042 USA
Tel: +1 281 759 0844
Fax: +1 281 759 0845
The course starts at 8:30 am on each course day.
The course fee is USD 2,600 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration/Cancellation Policy/FuRther Information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Sukit Leekumjorn. +1-281-759-0844