PVT Simulation Course
Kuala Lumpur: 10 October 2017 - 12 October 2017
The course will cover all key elements of PVT simulation including (but not limited to)
- Sampling of reservoir fluids
- Sampling techniques for different types of reservoirs/fluids
- Bottom hole sampling vs. separator sampling
- General fluid handling in PVTsim
- Input to PVTsim
- PVT experiments and PVT reports
- Compositional analysis
- QC of fluid compositions
- OBM cleaning and use of contaminated data
- EOS modelling of petroleum fluids
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Common EoS Modelling (Same Pseudos) for Multiple fluids
- Simulation & Regression of PVT experiments
- Viscosity correlations & Viscosity tuning
- Simulation of Compositional gradients with depth and Communication analysis
- Recommended workflow for EOS modeling in PVTsim
- Extended Quality Check
- Analysis of Well test data for sample selection
- How to review PVT data.
- Flow Assurance
- Wax simulations
- Asphaltene simulations
- Hydrate Simulations
- Input for external simulators
- Use PVTsim fluid model to provide input for other simulators, like Eclipse, PROSPER, OLGA, Hysys etc..
The theory will be presented in lectures and exemplified through hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim. After taking the class participants will know how to QC fluid compositions, make regressions to PVT data and will also have knowledge of the best practices for EOS modeling. Participants will also know how to utilize PVTsim's capabilities for calculations on wax, hydrate and asphaltene appearance.
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production engineers with an emphasis on flow assurance, laboratory staff and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behaviour and fluid properties. With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation models.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd Office at Suite 19-05, G-Tower, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur. The course starts at 9:00 am each course day.
The course fee is USD 3,000 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration and More Information
Registration deadline is: Sep 15th 2017. Payment deadline to confirm registration is Sep 30th , 2017.
Full course fee refund if cancellation received more than 2 weeks before course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation received less than 2 weeks before course starts.
For Further Information
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Adil Pottayil, Calsep Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd, Suite 19-05, G-Tower, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Phone: +60 3 2162 6551, Fax: +60 3 2162 1553, e-mail:Adil Pottayil