PVT Simulation for Reservoir Engineers
Houston: 22 August 2017 - 24 August 2017
Fluid compositions and experimental PVT data are the basic input for simulations in PVTsim. The user of a PVT simulator should therefore have knowledge of how the data is measured, how to use and interpret experimental PVT data as well as to operate the PVT simulator. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge of how to best make use of experimental PVT data for equation of state modeling in PVTsim.
The course will be presented in lectures and demonstrations coupled with hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim.
The following topics will be covered:
- Input to PVTsim and QC of fluid compositions
- Compositional analysis and recombination
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil based mud contamination
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Regression to PVT and viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EOS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling
- Compositional variation with depth
Input to reservoir simulators
- Eclipse, IMEX/GEM, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper, etc.
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production operations, PVT laboratory measurements and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behavior and fluid properties. With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation models.
Time and Location
The course will be held at Calsep Inc Office at:
10370 Richmond Ave., Suite 1375
Houston, TX 77042 USA
Tel: +1 281 759 0844
Fax: +1 281 759 0845
The course starts at 8:30 am on each course day.
The course fee is USD 3,000 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
Registration deadline is: August 7th 2017. Payment deadline to confirm registration is August 14th, 2017.
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Sukit Leekumjorn