ONLINE PVT SIMULATION COURSE FOR RESERVOIR ENGINEERS
Houston: 19 October 2020 - 23 October 2020
This online course provides a comprehensive understanding of hydrocarbon fluid phase behavior and how to model it for reservoir engineering applications. The course begins with a thorough introduction to PVT data, including how the data is measured, how to select the correct data for modeling, and how to enter that data in PVTsim. The introduction to PVT data also trains participants in discovering and handling data inconsistencies.
The course covers EoS modeling from the stage of sampling until export of the final EoS model to a reservoir simulator or other third-party software. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge of how to best make use of the experimental PVT data (both routine and EOR) to build an equation of state model for a single fluid or for multiple fluids.
The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course, taught by experienced Calsep engineers, is a mix of presentations and demonstrations in PVTsim combined with hands-on exercises using PVTsim Nova. Participants will receive a PVTsim course certificate at the end of the course.
- Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Compositional Analysis performed by the lab
- Extended GC
- TBP Analysis
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Selection of data to input in PVTsim
- Fluid handling
- Input to PVTsim
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil-based mud contamination
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- Separator correction for lab data
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process modeling
- PVT modeling
- Regression to routine PVT data
- Viscosity models and regression to viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modeling in PVTsim
- Applications of EoS model
- Black oil property calculations (Oil FVF, viscosity, Bg etc.)
- Addition of new fluid samples to existing EoS model
- Common EoS modeling [field-wide EoS model] for multiple fluids sampled from the same well/field
- In-situ reservoir fluid composition
- Allocation of produced fluids
- Compositional variation with depth
- Fluid communication study
- Input to simulators
- Black oil simulators: Eclipse, IMEX, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper/MBAL etc.
- Compositional simulators: Eclipse, GEM, VIP Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper etc.
- Other: Multiphase Meter input
- PVTsim Open Structure
- PT flash using PVTsim Open Structure in Excel®
- Separator Optimization
- Customized solutions for reservoir engineering applications
- Case Study
- Engineering case study to apply all the learnings from the course
Who Should Participate
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production engineers, laboratory staff and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behavior and fluid properties.
With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation methods.
The course will be held between 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (Houston time) on each course day.
The online course fee is USD 3,000 and includes
- Soft copy of the course material - presentations, exercises, and fluid database
- PVTsim license for the duration of the course
- Course certificate
Registration/Cancellation Policy/FuRther Information
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact Venu Nagineni | +1-281-759-0844