PVT SIMULATION COURSE FOR RESERVOIR ENGINEERS [5-DAY COURSE]
Dubai: 15 November 2020 - 19 November 2020
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of hydrocarbon fluid phase behavior and how to model it for reservoir engineering applications. The course begins with a thorough introduction to PVT data, including how the data is measured, how to select the correct data for modeling, and how to enter that data in PVTsim. The introduction to PVT data also trains participants in discovering and handling data inconsistencies.
The course covers EoS modeling from the stage of sampling until export of the final EoS model to a reservoir simulator or other third-party software. The aim of the course is to provide knowledge of how to best make use of the experimental PVT data (both routine and EOR) to build an equation of state model for single fluid or for multiple fluids.
The course participants will use the Automated QC and the Automated EoS Apps which decrease the time required to generate a robust EoS model, all the while using Calsep’s recommended EoS modeling workflow.
The course will be presented in lectures and demonstrations coupled with hands-on exercises in the use of PVTsim Nova.
The following topics will be covered:
- Fluid Sampling and PVT report
- Bottom-hole sample vs Separator Sample
- Compositional Analysis performed by the lab
- Extended GC
- TBP Analysis
- Navigating a PVT lab report
- Selection of data to input in PVTsim
- Fluid handling
- Input to PVTsim
- QC of fluid compositions
- Equations of State
- C7+ characterization and lumping
- Clean for oil-based mud contamination
- PVT experiments
- Classical PVT experiments
- PVT experiments with gas injection (EOR)
- Separator correction for lab data
- PVTsim Nova Apps
- Automated QC
- Automated EoS
- Separation process modeling
- PVT modeling
- Regression to routine PVT data
- Viscosity model and regression to viscosity data
- Regression to gas injection EOR data
- Recommended workflow for EoS modeling in PVTsim
- Single fluid EoS model
- Common EoS modeling [field-wide EoS model] for multiple fluids sampled from the same well/field
- Compositional variation with depth
- Fluid communication study
- Input to simulators
- Black oil simulators: Eclipse, IMEX, VIP, Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper/MBAL etc..
- Compositional simulators: Eclipse, GEM, VIP Nexus, tNavigator, Prosper etc..
- Other: Multiphase Meter input
- PVTsim Open Structure
- PT flash using PVTsim Open Structure in Excel®
- Customized solutions for reservoir engineering applications
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Engineers engaged in reservoir simulations, production engineers, laboratory staff and others interested in applying PVT simulation software for calculation of oil and gas phase behavior and fluid properties. With its mix of theory and practice the course is appropriate for those who want to learn to use PVTsim as well as those mainly interested in PVT simulation methods.
TIME AND LOCATION
The course starts at 7:30 am on each course day.
Radisson Blue Hotel, Dubai Media City
The course fee is USD 3,000 and includes tea/coffee, refreshments, lunch, lecture notes, and software access fee.
REGISTRATION/CANCELLATION POLICY/FURTHER INFORMATION
Full course fee refund if cancellation is received more than 2 weeks before the course starts. No course fee refund if cancellation is received less than 2 weeks before the course starts.
For more information about the course or to learn if this is the right course for you, contact :